Thursday, June 30, 2011

Poetic Asides Wednesday Challenge prompt "change" June 29.2011








A World of Change

Eleven pounds of baby is
A whole lot of child
No matter how you deliver
Is my thinking

I can hear my son-in-law’s
Voice but not the words
At the other end of the ether
As he tells my husband
Something

Does my baby’s father look
Concerned, or relieved?
I find, I cannot decide
Look away, try to calm
Myself – wonder how Jack is

Jack, whose small world
Is about to be rocked
As surely as if a bomb
Has been placed there

Finally, the grandfather
Tells me, the grandmother
That everything is fine
We can go see him

This change in our lives
Right now if we want
I am out the door
Before he finishes talking.

1 comment:

  1. I love the life force, birth force, love force in this poem, the way you track your feelings and your path out the door before he finishes talking. And I offer welcome to the babe.

    ReplyDelete